CBHM 2012--A Few Comments...

Great race. Amazing organization and communication.  We had a fantastic time. Thanks 
The trio from Miami fl.
James P Dugan
Pinecrest Veterinary Hospital
Miami, Fl.

Mike, it was my first experience with Covered Bridges and I have to admit, I had a blast.  Can't wait to do it again next year.  All the credit in the world goes to you and your team for putting on a world class event, especially under the tough circumstances with the weather. I regret not meeting face to face and shaking your hand in person but this will have to do.  Thanks so much and have a great summer.  I hope you can enjoy some time to yourself.
 Best regards,
Jason Ackerson


Mike,
 Thank you for a great race. This was my first half marathon and I plan to do it again next year. You and everyone involved in the CBHM did a great job.  The race and support staff was amazing.  We had a great time in Quechee after the race was over.    Thank you again for a truly amazing experience.  See you in 2013.
 Gina Stillman


Thanks for a great race.  My daughter Lisa and I have run the CBHM three years in a row and are planning on a fourth....We so appreciate all you do to make this happen
Hope you get some rest now!
Blessings-
Virginia Friesen

hey Mike!
what a woooonderful day and what woooonderful volunteers!  the organization of it all was FABULOUS!  can't thank you enough for all that you and your colleagues and volunteers do... soooo much hard work... all of us runners are SO grateful!

only "wish" for next year... i wish there could be just a couple more port-o-potty stops between miles 5 & the finish? just like ONE at mile 8 and ONE at 11? or something like that?  

i and a few of my friends who ran it would've GREATLY appreciated it?  basically i was "holding it" for the last 5 miles... seriously scoping out the woods to the side of the road over&over, but afraid of offending my fellow runners or getting arrested <:)  

and even if u don't do this... i'll still hope to get into cbhm 2013 w/joy!
be well... and REST now that the big event is over!!!!
best to you all
kat

Thanks so much for a PHENOMENAL event!  This continues to be my favorite!!  Awesome job (especially with the weather gods!!). 
THANK YOU!!  See you at VT 50!


Thanks so much for a PHENOMENAL event!  This continues to be my favorite!!  Awesome job (especially with the weather gods!!). 
THANK YOU!!  See you at VT 50!


Hi Mike,
Really well run event.   Thank you.

Please forward my thanks to the Hartford Ambulance squad at the finish. They very likely saved my friend Amy's life today and for that I am exceedingly grateful for their professionalism, knowledge and skills.
Ian Buchanan

The medals were so classy....love the fit of this year's t-shirts.  Thank you for a great time!

Karen Walsh
thanks to you and all of the volunteers for this race.  Each year it gets better and better.  Who would have guessed you also can control the weather.  One thing I would have liked is that the results show a list of the people in order of their actual time rather than the gun time.  Maybe granite state couldn't do it the other way.  See you next year. mike 

Hi Mike
Thanks for a fantastic event!  Last August I saw someone wearing a shirt from an earlier CBHM. I thought it sounded  like fun so I googled it and set an alarm for when registration opened. I'm glad I did and I am eager to sign up for next year's race. I wasn't clear on the time registration opened and, as you know, the spots go so fast I want to be sure to set my alarm again.
Thanks for everything you and your team did to plan this great race. I haven't run since I did a marathon in 2006 and this was the perfect event to inspire me to get back in my shoes.
Many thanks and I look forward to seeing you again next year, if I'm lucky enough to get a spot.
All the best, Atlanta

Hello,

What a wonderful day it was.  This was my third year running this 1/2 and every year it gets better.  I love the atmosphere, the music, smiling faces and great people organizing this event.  I always come home and brag to my friends about it but never know if I want to  tell them to make sure they register for the following year because I don't want that one person to beat me out in the mad dash of registering.
If I could just give my one piece of advice, I would ask that the volunteer shirts be a little brighter in color or even white with bright lettering.  The reason I ask this is because today with about 1/2 mile to run I ran up along a woman who obviously needed some assistance, she was pale with blue lips and staggering.  When I looked up quickly to see if there were any volunteers around it took me a bit to spot the blue/gray color.  Other than that moment the day couldn't have been better.  Thank you so much for helping to make this day so memorable every year.
 See you next year,
Meredith Houseman



An absolutely incredible experience!  What a day!  Thanks for everything, especially having it so well organized.  What a pleasure to participate.  Check out some pics from my blog featuring my friends and I.



Thanks again, see you next year!



It was such a great day! Everything is so well organized, you have a very well oil machine, the volunteers were so helpful and sooooooo encouraging, it was a perfect day for the half marathon.
Thank you, thank you so much for all you have done throughout the year, you guys are great,
See you next year,
Sonia

It was such a great day! Everything is so well organized, you have a very well oil machine, the volunteers were so helpful and sooooooo encouraging, it was a perfect day for the half marathon.
Thank you, thank you so much for all you have done throughout the year, you guys are great,
See you next year,
Sonia

Mike: To you and the Committee -- thank you for an absolutely outstanding race.

I cannot wait for next year.

PS-- Could you have a "meeting spot" for family members -- like the alphabet for bag pick ups.  I caused angst today because my family could not find me.

Thank you. Maria


Mike: To you and the Committee -- thank you for an absolutely outstanding race.

I cannot wait for next year.

PS-- Could you have a "meeting spot" for family members -- like the alphabet for bag pick ups.  I caused angst today because my family could not find me.

Thank you. Maria


Hi Mike,

Thanks for a great experience.  This was the first time I ran the CBHM and I was lucky enough to be joined by my sister and brother (first time CBHM racers as well).  I enjoyed the race and was soooo happy that the sun came out and the rain held off.  I have two suggestions for next year that I think would please a lot of people.

1:  Have markers at the start for racer's expected min/mile.  My sister and I placed ourselves part way up where we thought the 8 min miler's would be, it took 1:30 to cross the start.  (not a big deal but the results were sorted by gun time and not net time.  Not that I was a top finisher but I was 23 places faster than I was listed.  A bummer to have to do the searching myself.

2:  Have the results sorted by net time (first suggestion would simplify this one a bit too).  

That's it!  Sorry to send complaints, it really was a well organized, beautiful race.  Thank you for all your hard work!

--Jesse Carpenter


Hi Mike,
Thank you for organizing such a wonderful event! We were worried about the weather too, but it turned out to be such a beautiful day! It was our first CBHM and it was perfect! We really appreciate everything you all did to plan the race and make sure it went off without a hitch. We had a great time!

Thanks!!
Erika and Tom Caruso


It was my first half marathon and it was Fabulous!!!!! Thanks so much for a
great run!  Well organized and so friendly! Sophie Starr



Thanks to you and all the volunteers for an awesome experience!  Everything about the event was professional and fun.  The volunteers were amazing.

Cheers,
Laura




This was my first time running the race.  Thank you for a great day!  It was by far the most enjoyable race I've ever run--beautiful course, well-planned support, and the bands were great.  Kudos to you and all the volunteers.  

Ronni Cavener

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/images/cleardot.gif
Mike,

Thank you for a great race. This was my first half marathon and I plan to do it again next year. You and everyone involved in the CBHM did a great job.  The race and support staff was amazing.  We had a great time in Quechee after the race was over.    Thank you again for a truly amazing experience.  See you in 2013.

Gina Stillman


Mike, 
Thank you for a great race. This was my first half marathon and I plan to do it again next year. You and everyone involved in the CBHM did a great job.  The race and support staff was amazing.  We had a great time in Quechee after the race was over.    Thank you again for a truly amazing experience.  See you in 2013.

Gina Stillman


Hello Mike,

Thanks so much for an awesome race! And the unexpectedly good weather was a bonus!

Just one suggestion......when my family (including small grandchildren) tried to park near the finish, they were turned away by the police and sent to where the runners parked. It was a long trek for little ones. My understanding was that parking at the finish would open at 9:00. If this could be clarified next year, that would really help.
Thanks so much!
Best,
Ginny Reed